EPFL School of Life Sciences is pleased to announce the applications for the EPFL Life Sciences Summer Research Program 2024. This is an 8-week program of lab experience. Open to students in biology, biophysics, chemistry, bioengineering, bioinformatics, quantitative biology, and related fields. Participants from all around the world can apply. And the program is Fully funded – all expenses will be covered.
For students other than Life Sciences filed they can apply for the EPFL Summer Fellowship 2024. For the EPFL Life Sciences Summer program, bachelor, and master’s degree students can apply. Around 20-25 participants will join in the summer of 2024. The exact dates are July 3rd to August 28th, 2024. More details about the EPFL Life Sciences Summer Research Program 2024 are given below.
About EPFL Life Sciences Summer Program 2024 – Make the Most of Your Summer
- Country: Switzerland
- University Name: EPFL
- Fellowship Duration: 8 Weeks
- Who can Apply: Open to all International Students
- Benefits: Fully Funded
- No of Participants: 20-25
- Deadline: 31st January 2024
Program Length and Timings
- 2 months – July 3rd to August 25th 2023
- Students must be present during the entire program
- CHF 3,400 for the two-month period which covers housing and living costs.
- Housing is reserved and paid for out of the stipends beforehand.
- Students have either single rooms or double rooms and share kitchen and bathroom facilities with their fellow SRP participants.
- The majority of travel costs to and from Switzerland are covered.
- The program reimburses up to CHF 1,000 for overseas flights and CHF 500 for shorter distances.
Participants Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the EPFL Life Sciences SRP 2024:
- Currently enrolled in a university in biology, biophysics, chemistry, bio-engineering, bio-informatics, quantitative biology, genetics courses, or other life sciences-related programs
- have a minimum GPA equivalent to a 3.75/4.0 grade or higher.
- have completed at least two years of undergraduate or first year of a master’s degree before the start of the program.
Exception for already Graduated student
If you are actively applying for a Master’s program in a life sciences-related subject and planning to pursue a life sciences-related career, you are eligible up to one year after you finish your Bachelor’s.
If the mainstream is not life sciences – then are you eligible?
Yes, students come with all kinds of related life science backgrounds, but you should have at least a few mainstream Life Science courses on your transcript e.g., cell biology, and biotechnology.
For the EPFL Life Sciences program you do not require proof of your level of English. We trust that you know if you can manage the program in English or not. If they have a doubt, they may ask you for a Zoom/skype call.
- CV (1-2 pages)
- Motivation letter (maximum 750 words)
- The explanation of 3 lab choices (2-3 sentences per lab)
- University transcript or school official list of classes and grades
- Two letters of recommendation
- Basic life sciences understanding is essential; previous lab experience is a plus point.
How to Apply?
The SRP online application is now open for SRP 2024! Visit the official website link below.